PHOTOS OF LIFE IN IRELAND
Part of a series of pictures from Ireland

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Stradbally Steam Rally 2008 (Part 1)




I was brought up on a farm in South Kildare and I was driving the TE20 - with a cab - when I was only eight years old. I remember one day in 1956 as I was towing a trailer, followed by a Green Crop Loader with my father leveling out the grass as it came into the trailer, another worker approaching to tell my father that Ronnie Delaney had won the gold medal for the 1500 meters at the Melbourne Olympics.



I later graduated to the Fordson Major when I was about 16 and I vividly remember ploughing in a bitter east wind without a cab and constantly getting off to warm my hands on the exhaust pipe for 5 pounds a week.














































No comments: